Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Beautiful Distraction (The Pleasure Wars) by Jess Michaels

This cover is beautiful and EXACTLY how I pictured Olivia!
It has been a particularly trying day for Olivia Cranfield. Despite her impeccable manners, stylish clothing and posh accent, another protector has detected her lowborn status and rejected her out of hand.

When fellow courtesan Violet invites her to come to Bath to help with the wicked seduction of the reclusive Early of Windbury, Olivia jumps at the offer, eager for some excitement and a change of scenery.

The moment Malcolm Graham lays eyes on the delectable woman lurking in the bathhouse alley, he knows she's a decoy to keep him busy while her friend seduces the earl inside. For a moment, he allows her to play her game... but one touch, and all he can think about is ending the two years of self denial he has endured in the name of friendship.

Instant attraction quickly turns into a decidedly erotic affair that makes Olivia question all she's ever know about passion. But when the truth behind Violet's assignment comes to light, betrayal threatens to bring everything they have built crashing down on Olivia's broken heart.

Review: 
Beautiful Distraction by Jess Michaels is a fresh, fun, hot read that left me smiling... and blushing at times as well.

Malcolm see's Olivia for what she is from the beginning, but there is something with the instant attraction... or just plain lust that makes him seek more. Their chemistry builds and somewhere along the path the red hot lust starts to look a little more pink.. a little more like love.

There are times where I wanted to scream and times I laughed and times where I felt a tear slipping down my cheek. I was rooting for Malcolm & Olivia's HEA well before the halfway point of the story.

Add Beautiful Distraction to your Goodreads shelf!
I throughly enjoyed this book. I hadn't read the Beauty and the Earl, so the story was fresh for me, but after reading this I want to read Beauty and the Earl, because I want more of Violet and the Earl. I am not normally one to read a book out of order, but I read this one that way and still found it very enjoyable. Jess Michaels is a talented writer, and I love a book where my heart strings feel a little tug and this one brought out that feeling for me.

I gave this book 4.5 stars and can't wait for more from this author!

Buy Links: 
At time of this review this book is priced at .99! WHAT A GREAT DEAL!!!
(subject to change at anytime!
)
AmazonBarnes & NobleiTunes

Author Links:
www.authorjessmichaels.comFacebookTwitter

Until next time.. Happy Reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment