Sunday, November 4, 2012

One Good Earl Deserves a Lover


Pippa has always been a little "odd" from her spectacles to her interest in science.  With just days remaining before her marriage to Lord Castelton she decides she wants to learn the other side of what she can expect in a marriage, so naturally she approaches it scientifically..

Cross, an  owner of the gaming den (and unbenounced to Pippa, an Earl)  The Fallen Angel seems like a perfect candidate to teach her these, reluctant at first, he finds teaching her about temptation, may just be more temptation than he can handle himself...

This excerpt is from one of my favorite parts of the book. The chemistry between Pippa and Cross is apparent in every interaction, this one had me quickly flipping to the next page to see what was next!

"I don't understand. What is temptation, then?"
"Temptation…" He hesitated, and she found herself leaning forward, eager for this curious, unsettling lesson. "Temptation turns you. It makes you into something you never dreamed, it presses you to give up everything you ever loved, it calls you to sell your soul for one, fleeting moment." The words were low and dark and full of truth, and they hovered in silence for a long moment, an undeniable invitation. He was close, protecting her from toppling off the block, the heat of him wrapping around her despite the cold. "It makes you ache," he whispered, and she watched the curve of his lips in the darkness, "You'll make any promise, swear any oath. For one... perfect... unsoiled taste." 

ONE GOOD EARL DESERVES A LOVER (The Second Rule of Scoundrels) is 376 pages of wonderful historical romance, it has everything to make it a win/win, chemistry, heat, humor and a great plot. This book will be released on January 29, 2013. It is available for pre-order on Amazon and BN.com for $7.99.

This was the first book of Ms. MacLean's that I've had the pleasure to read. This is the second book in her Scoundrels series. We we "reintroduced" to Penelope and Bourne, who are the couple from the first book, A ROGUE BY ANY OTHER NAME (The First Book of Scoundrels).  I haven't had the pleasure of reading this book, but just purchased it for my Kindle, for the awesome price of $4.49 (Nook book is also $4.49). Amazon and BN.com have the paperback for $7.99.

I plan to find all previous books by this author, she has definitely made my favorites list with this awesome read!

I was given an advance copy of this book by Avon Romance in return for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this book. It seems I've been waiting for ever for it to be released. I'm glad I know have a date to watch for. Sarah MacZlean is one of my favorite authors.
    Thanks or the review. You will love Penelope and Bourne's book. I also highly recommend Sarah's numbers series. I guaranty you will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori- you will LOVE it! I think it may be the best Historical book I have read so far this year, and I have read A LOT of books this year! The conversations between Pippa and Cross will give you butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete