Friday, June 21, 2013

Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich

Description:
Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich is a rollicking and poignant romantic comedy about a young widow who decides to get in shape.. and winds up getting her grove back- and a whole lot more!

Holly Brennan used food to comfort herself through her husband's illness and death. Now she's alone at the age of thirty-two. And she weighs more than she ever has. When fate throws her in the path of Logan Montgomery, personal trainer to pro athletes, and he offers to train her, Holly concludes it must be a sign. Much as she dreads the thought of working out, Holly knows she needs to put on her big girl panties and see if she can sweat out some of her grief.

Soon, the easy intimacy and playful banter of their training sessions lead Logan and Holly to the most intense and steamy workouts. But can Holly and Logan go the distance as a couple now that she's met her goals- and other men are noticing?

Review:
I received and ARC of Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich several months ago in one of my Avon Addict monthly care packages. First off, I love the title of this book! I use the expression "put on your big girl panties" all the time (and probably a little too often if you ask my friends). I read this book that same week and have been sitting on this review because I didn't want to release it too soon and have you all running out to get this book only to discover its official release date isn't until July 9th. I felt like since we are now in the two week window it is safe to tell you about how great this book is without prolonging the amount of time you will have to wait until you can also purchase it!

This books starts out with the moment on an airplane most of us have experienced. You are seated in your seat with an open seat next to you, and down the aisle comes a heavier person and you say to yourself, "Not with me, not with me..", then they stow their bag over your seat and scoot in! This is how Holly and Logan first meet. After a bit of awkwardness, they begin to talk and for some reason Logan finds himself offering to train Holly, even thought he is not even considering taking on new clients at his exclusive gym. He is even more surprised when she shows up for the first session and her training efforts are outstanding.. 

I love that Holly is not a size 0, it's so nice when an author writes a heroine that is "normal"! She like many of us is an emotional eater and after helping to care for elderly parents, marrying her college sweetheart only to be widowed in her 30's- she has been given every reason to give in to her eating tendencies! I love the fact that she decides to get healthy for herself not for a man and that the relationship that develops between the two of them clearly surprises them both. 

I gave this book 4.5 STARS! I think it is a great debut novel for Stephanie Evanovich and I think that women who may not read every new release romance book could also really enjoy this story, it is relatable down to earth and well worth the time I spent reading it. 

Put on your "Big Girl Panties" and go pre-order this book, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! 
Order this book on Amazon
Order this Book on BN.com

Other Fun Links:
Author Stephanie Evanovich on Goodreads
Author Stephanie Evanovich on Facebook
Follow Stephanie Evanovich on Twitter

Until next time.. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment