Tuesday, November 12, 2013

5- STARS for Working It
by Kendall Ryan
FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!

Love this cover- it is as hot as the book!
Working It
(Love by Design #1)
Note: This book in intended for mature audiences. It contains sexual encounters and graphic language.

Move over Gideon Cross and Christian Grey, I am adding a new book boyfriend to my repertoire and his name is Ben Shaw!

There is no better feeling than that magical moment when you fire up your Kindle and the book you have been waiting for magically appears. Dang, I love my Amazon pre-orders! I feel like I have been waiting for this release forever, I read a blurb months ago and was hooked!

I am a Kendall Ryan fan- I knew this  would be phenomenal from the early teasers I read and this book more than exceeded my expectations, it was
FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC.

Blurb:
Emmy Clark is out of her depth in New York City's fashion world, but when she lands a job as an assistant at a modeling agency it seems like the perfect mix of business and pleasure. Working under the   notorious Fiona Stone is a nightmare, but there's one distinct perk: ogling the ridiculously hot male models who parade through the office- particularly rising star Ben Shaw.

Ben is everything Emmy's not: exquisitely gorgeous, highly paid, and well-traveled. He's also got more issues than Vogue. Emmy looks after Ben on photo shoots, but she refuses to become another one of his lusting groupies. Ben finds Emmy's refreshingly real attitude to be surprisingly attractive. 

Against a backdrop of the most fashionable cities in the world, casual flirting, turns into an illicit affair, but when Ben's twisted past is revealed, and the bitter Fiona catches wind of their relationship, their careers and hearts are threatened. 

I love when I start reading a book and have to force myself to put it down. The prologue to this story, let's you know there is trouble in paradise, but then Chapter 1 starts the story from the beginning- it was a beautiful bait and I took it hook, line and sinker!

The author let's us know that initially she had planned to write this book from Emmy's POV, but Ben wouldn't stop talking to her, so it ended as an alternating POV book, and it totally works that way!

I don't want to give too much away about this story. I think in the case of this book you get the basic details of the story from the blurb. This book will pull you in emotionally and you will want to know what is coming (or who- yes my mind is in the gutter) next. The sexy email/text flirting banter is amazing and really builds the story. Kendall Ryan writes some of the hottest, sexiest love scenes I've ever read.

POSSIBLE SPOILER: 
Recently I've participated in a few debates in the blogosphere about whether or not to reveal if a book has a cliffhanger or a HEA. I know as a reader, I want to know this in advance- if you don't want to know- STOP READING THIS REVIEW RIGHT NOW :). This book definitely gave me the ending I was hoping for, the HEA is there, but there is also still a lot in the air and the ending definitely leaves room for what comes next.

I can't wait to read more Ben and Emmy- and Book #2 in this series CRAVING HIM, is set for release on 3/24/14.  I also look forward to discovering more about the delicious Braydon another model, whom we get to know rather intimately during this book and Emmy's roommate and friend, Ellie in Book #3- All or Nothing set for release on 7/22/14.

I am giving Working It- 5 STARS. It will be listed on my FAVORITES shelf on Goodreads and is sure to be a book that will be re-read many times.

Let's Chat: 
If you have read this book let me know what you think: Ben Shaw- Book Boyfriend or Not?
Click here to add Working It -as Want to Read on Goodreads

Buy Links:

For more info on what's next, here are a few links for Author Kendall Ryan:

Until next time! Happy Reading (and dreams of Ben Shaw)....

No comments:

Post a Comment