Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Review: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata

Vanessa Mazur knows she's doing the right thing. She shouldn't feel bad for quitting. Being an assistant/housekeeper/fairy godmother to the top defensive end in the National Football Organization was always supposed to be temporary. She has plans and none of them include washing extra-large underwear longer than necessary.

But when Aiden Graves shows up at her door wanting her to come back, she's beyond shocked.

For two years, the man known as The Wall of Winnipeg couldn't find it in him to tell her good morning or congratulate her on her birthday. Now? He's asking for the unthinkable.

What do you say to the man who is used to getting everything he wants.

Review:
WOW! Thank you Kindle Unlimited form helping me find another amazing book/author I may have missed otherwise. When the Wall of Winnipeg and Me posted as a suggested book in the Kindle Store, I read the blurb, it sounded good, so I snagged it. This book sat on my Kindle for a week before I got around to reading it... oh what precious time I was wasting. I seriously couldn't put this book down!

Aiden's a pro-football player, he's a loner, he's brooding, he's hot, a little oblivious, self-centered and maybe just a tiny bit mean. Vanessa is/was his Assistant, she did EVERYTHING for him and he barely acknowledged she was alive.. until she quit. She was moving on with her life until she opens the door to her apartment to see Aiden on the other side. Aiden needs her to come back... but in a different capacity, as his wife... to help him get his U.S. citizenship.

LOVED the slow building relationship between Aiden and Vanessa. These two go from employer/employee, to friends to so much more. The steady pace of the story allows you to really connect with each character, to feel as if you know them. Once Aiden and Vanessa finally connected romantically I had butterflies in my stomach. This book will give you the feels like no other. This book gets 5 STARS from this reader and  is one of the best books I've read recently. I tried it with my Kindle Unlimited subscription and have since purchased it. The Wall of Winnipeg and Me is a book I felt like I needed to own, not just borrow. If you love a well written, well paced, true romance you don't want to miss this book!

PS> I purchased Kulti another book by this author and it's next on my list to read. Review to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment