Thursday, February 21, 2013

Immortal Ever After by Lynsay Sands

As I have said many times it is pretty AWESOME to be an Avon Addict  Earlier this month I received my monthly box of goodies and on the top of the stack of books was Immortal Ever After by Lynsay Sands. I have to admit I have seen her name at the bookstore, and online, but have never read one of her books. I liked the cover so, quickly I scanned the back cover  and thought this sounds good... Later that night  I tucked the kids into bed, turned the first page and the next thing I knew it was 3am




















Valerie didn't believe in Vampires.. excuse me Immortals, I mean why would she.. until she is kidnapped and imprisoned by a rogue Immortal. Valerie is rescued by the Argeneau rescue team. Anders one of her rescuers finds that he can't resist his attraction to her and believes Valerie to be his life mate. Anders will do anything to protect her and to make her his...


Immortal Ever After is the latest book in Ms. Sands Argeneau series. Not having read any previous books in this series, I was a little worried I might not be able to jump right into the story, I quickly discovered that the books in this series are all stand alone books. 

I love the way Lynsay "humanizes" Anders. Immortals have a sensory awakening when they find their life mate, after years of not eating real food, his appetite returns, and he loves ice cream..(so cute).  The attraction and chemistry between Anders and Valerie will make your heart flutter and your toe's curl (As for the humor- just wait until you read what Ander's real name is... that made me laugh out loud). The drama in the book is effectively married with the passion and the humor. I finished this book wishing every book I read made me feel this way when I turned the final page. 

Immortal Ever After will be released on February 26th, but is currently available for pre-order. The Mass Market Paperback is available at Amazon & BN for $7.63 for the Mass Market Paperback and $6.64 for Kindle Edition Click here to Pre-Order on Amazon      

Click here to Pre-Order on BN.com.

TWITTER CHAT WITH LYNSAY SANDS! 

To celebrate release day Avon Romance has set up a Twitter Chat with Lynsay Sands. Here are the details for the chat, join me for this fun event:

Date: Tuesday, February 26th
Time: 3-4:00pm ET
Hashtag: #EverAfter
I am excited to read more books in this series and if you are a fan of series books there are A LOT of them (20 to be exact). On the top of my TBR list is Bite Me If You Can, I  loved Lucian and Leigh's relationship in this book, so I can't wait to see how they became the couple they are in Immortal Ever After. 

Check out  Lynsay Sand's website by clicking here for more information on this series and her complete book lists: www.lynsaysands.net

Until next time... Happy Reading! 



3 comments:

  1. I have stayed away from science fiction in romance? did you find it to be too far fetched?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved to read, I will read- ANYTHING!

      For a long time I strayed away from these kinds of books, but a friend, got me hooked on a couple of series' by giving me them to read when she finished them.. I began liking more and more of these type of books. The first "paranormal" series I read was the trendy Twilight series and then more of a teen series, The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead- LOVED those, then I read the House of Night Series, then I graduated to the more adult series books, like the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris- those are my absolute favorite, and late last year the same friend gave me the Blackdagger Brotherhood series books by JR Ward, they are VERY adult (read them when the kids are in bed), but I was hooked.

      This was the first book by Lynsay Sands I had read- I liked this book because it took the serious vampire/human drama and added some humor.. and a cute dog :) I received as a gift this week the other 20 books in this series and I can honestly say I look forward to reading them all... eventually :)

      I think that sometimes an escape from reality can be a good thing. I love the societies these types of books create, the characters, the families.. I don't find them relatable at real life sometimes, but I think that may be just why I like to read them so much- they are a great escape...

      Delete
  2. Hey Marion :) I got an email from Brandy at Romance Bookworm's Reviews, and she said you'd like to review On the Fly, my hockey romance. I wasn't sure how to get in touch with you, but if you email me at ken9002@setonhill.edu, I can send you a PDF of the ARC :)

    Thanks!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete