Thursday, August 1, 2013

Axel by Harper Sloan
Warning Hot Alpha Male Alert!

Blurb:
Fate hasn't always been friends with Isabelle West. in fact, fate has been downright bitch.

Isabelle has learned the hard way how hard life can be when fate isn't by your side. It can hand you dreams on silver platters, but it can snatch them right back and hand you nightmares.  One thing Isabelle knew for sure fate was consistent with taking away everything she ever loved. 

For the last two years Isabelle has been slowly clearing the clouds of her past. Happiness is finally on the horizon. She has a thriving business, great friends, and her life back. All she has to do is jump over the last hurdle... her ex-husband.

When problems start causing her to fear her new life, and memories that are better left forgotten start rushing to the surface the last thing she needs is a ghost from her past to come knocking on her door.

Axel never thought he would look into the eyes of Isabelle West again, and he wasn't sure he wanted to now. He's carried his anger for so long he isn't sure he can just turn it off, but when he is faced with protecting her and an unexpected desire to have her again, life gets more complicated. 

How will Axel and Isabelle deal when all their cards are put on the table and everything they thought was true blows up in their faces? 

Review: 
I just got off one heck of an emotional roller coaster. Last week during one of my regular one-click shopping sprees, I picked up Axel by Harper Sloan. This is the first book in her Corps Security series.  It was a great price, the description sounded good and I was not disappointed. From the first page I didn't want to put it down, I found myself looking for every excuse in the world to take a break from my life to finish reading this book. 

Izzy, the heroine in this story has such inner strength, I loved her character.. and the hero.., Axel, oh Axel definitely contains every quality that I needed to consider him a true HERO :)  If you like a book with an Alpha Male, you will LOVE this book, because it is FULL of them. (If you like a dirty talking hero this is definitely the book for you :) LOL- blushing)

This book does contain some very vivid descriptions of domestic abuse, but I felt like the author did a great job portraying this issue, as well as the mind set of someone who has undergone long periods of abuse.  Ms. Sloan also prefaces the book warning people of some of the content, as well as listing the play list of songs she listened to while reading this book. I loved that! I found myself trying to pair the songs with the scenes as I read.

I give this book 5 out of 5 STARS!
This series will be on my watch list going forward. 
(PS> I see that the second book in the series is being written.. let the countdown begin for Cage and I am also drooling for more Becks and Dee and Maddox and Emmy.. Write faster Ms. Sloan your new fans are waiting! ) 

Buy Links:
Current Price for Kindle & Nook: $2.99 (subject to change-check sites for updated pricing)
Author Links:

PS> I was not given a copy of this book for review, I picked this book up on my own, read it and loved it so much I reviewed it.. ENJOY! 

Until next time... Happy Reading! 

1 comment:

  1. I like the excerpt and your review. I will definitely plan to read Axel too.

    ReplyDelete