Thursday, August 22, 2013

REVIEW: Price of a Kiss
by Linda Kage

Burb:
I don't care what my cousin says; I am not the queen of impossible relationships. I mean, just because my last boyfriend tried to kill me and left a bit of a scar on my neck, then forced me to move across the country and legally change my name to Reese Randall to escape him, does not mean-

Oh, who am I kidding? For a freshman in college, I have to have the worst dating track record ever.

It's no wonder love is the last thing on my mind when Mason Lowe enters my life. But the chemistry between us is like bam! Our connection defies logic. And he's just so freaking hot. being around him makes me feel more alive than I've ever felt before. I even like bickering with him. He could be my soul mate... except for one tiny glitch. 

He's a gigolo.

Boy, do I know how to pick them. 

Review: 
WARNING: VERY MILD POSSIBLE SPOILERS- BUT NO MORE THAN YOU GET FROM MOST OF THE TEASERS OR EXCERPTS. 

I discovered Price of a Kiss by Linda Kage while surfing book blogs on Facebook. The cover was HOT and the teaser sounded interesting, so I did what I do best these days and one-clicked!

As I started reading the book I kept thinking to myself, am I really reading a book where the hero is a gigolo? I quickly found myself drawn to Mason and once I realized why he did what he did, I sympathized with him and even found myself feeling a little proud of him for doing what needed to be done to support his family. Reese is hiding from her stalker ex-boyfriend and she is emotionally scarred as well as physically scarred. 

Mason and Reese are drawn together like magnets (even if Mason tries to pretend otherwise). Their chemistry is scorching. I found myself rooting for their HEA and hoping that together they both could find healing. 

I loved the way Ms. Kage integrates Mason's sister and her illness into the storyline. Reese develops a bond with her that she never expected and it made her an even more likable heroine, if that was possible. 

This book is a slice of New Adult AWESOMENESS, it has everything and more that I look for within this genre!  I gave this book a solid 4.5 Stars and have added to my BOOKS I REALLY LIKED Shelf on Goodreads. 

Buy Links: 
Click here to purchase Price of a Kiss on Amazon
Click here to purchase Price of a Kiss on BN.com


Click here to add Price of a Kiss to your Goodreads shelf
Author Info:
Linda Kage grew up on a dairy farm in the Midwest as the youngest of eight children. Now she lives in Kansas with her husband, toddler daughter and their 9 cuckoo clocks. She works a day job in the acquisitions department of a university and feels her life has been blessed with lots of people to learn from and love. Writing's always been a major part of her world, and she's thrilled to finally share some of her stories with other romance lovers.

You can find Linda on the web at: 
www.lindakage.com
Linda Kage on Facebook

Note: I selected this book on my own, purchased and chose to review because I really enjoyed it! I was NOT given a copy of this book for review :) 

Until next time... Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment