Monday, September 23, 2013

Rule by Jay Crownover
5 STARS FOR THIS BAD-BOY!

Blurb:
Sometimes opposites don't just attract- they catch fire and burn down the city.

Shaw Landon loved Rule Archer from the moment she laid eyes on him. Rule is everything a straight-A pre-med student like Shaw shouldn't want - and the only person she's never tried to please. She isn't afraid of his scary piercings and tattoos or his wild attitude. Though she knows that Rule is wrong for her, her heart just won't listen.

To a rebel like Rule Archer, Shaw Landon is a stuck-up perfect princess- and his dead twin brother's girl. She lives by other people's rules; he makes his own. He doesn't have time for a good girl like Shaw- even if she's the only one who can see the person he truly is.

But a short skirt- too many birthday cocktails and spilled secrets lead to a night neither can forget. Now, Shaw and Rule have to figure out how a girl like her and a guy like him are supposed to be together without  destroying their love... or each other.

Review:
Let me start out by saying I LOVED this book. I am giving it a solid 5 STARS!  I was hooked by the end of the first chapter and drawn into a story that was refreshing change from the typical New Adult romance plot.

HOWEVER AND A BIG HOWEVER: I almost didn't read this book...  I saw a blurb from another blogger promoting this book, but when I one-clicked to Amazon I noticed there were numerous reviews stating that the book was amazing, but the editing was not amazing. I hate a book with bad editing, but I noticed that the publisher was listed as Harper Collins, so I thought to myself there is no way this can be true.  I  did a little research on the backstory of this book and discovered the following: This book was released independently first, then it was so phenomenal the lovely folks at Harper Collins signed it and it was re-edited and re-released it. The reviews complaining about the editing and spelling issues were clearly written before its re-release, because I normally would notice errors and there were none noticeable to me. So first off- DON'T BELIEVE THE REVIEWS THAT SAY THERE ARE EDITING ISSUES. These are old and I am not sure how to make them go away, but if I could figure out a way myself I would do it. I want as many people as possible to discover this awesome book and I hate that something that is no longer the case would deter them from purchasing.

Now to the story...

Rule, oh Rule. I love my real man  he is a good boy, clean shaven, with his perfectly ironed shirts and non-tattted body.. but my book boyfriends.. that is a different story. Rule is tattooed, pierced and a bad-boy to the boot. There are many things that make Rule the bad-boy. Losing his twin brother, his mother blaming him and never really feeling that he fit in with his family. Then you meet little miss perfect Shaw. Honestly if I met Shaw in real life I would probably not have liked her very much, especially in the beginning, but as I got to know her and saw how deep her feelings were for Rule, I ended up loving her just as much as Rule and rooting for them to be together.

This book is packed with family drama, emotions.. hot sex and possibly a psycho ex. It will keep you turning the pages to find out what's next and also to see a little more Rule. I finished this book and immediately started the next book, Jet (review to come soon for Jet, but prepare to fall in love with another book bad-boy).

I suggested Rule to a few of my reading buddies and here are just a couple quotes that were sent back to me:

"I would never have purchased it without your recommendation. the reviews describing the editing issue were a huge turn off for me! The author needs to note on the summary that this has been edited since the original release. People are missing out on a great story."

"I haven't read a book I've loved this much in a long time.. I need to buy Jet, like yesterday, when is Rome being released?"

"Rule. omg.. if I had met this guy in college, my body would be covered in tattoo's- I would have been getting new one's just to have his hands on my body... I love my book boyfriends! Rule's mine, so back off ladies!" 

Bottom line, this book rocks! Go buy it now, and once you read it and discover how truly awesome it is, go write a review on Amazon, people need to know this book is out there and AWESOME!
Click here to add Rule to your Goodreads shelf!

Buy Links:

Author Info:

Until next time... Happy Reading (hopefully you are happily reading Rule :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment